Welcome to our March 2018 Newsletter and the return of live physical property events. Yes, your wait is OVER!
I promised you in March this year I’d be releasing what I believe to be the ultimate strategy in property in 2018 and beyond, and today is that day.
You know, a friend of mine asked Sir Richard Branson, “What’s the key to starting not one, but several successful ‘Billion-dollar’ businesses?”
Branson’s response, “Timing!”
And I’m not going to disagree. It’s about being in the right place with the right strategy (or asset allocation) at the right time.
And the ultimate strategy in property today for the average investor, I believe combines technology, the game of Monopoly, and the generalised principle of adding value.
Do you remember playing the board game Monopoly as a child?
You may recall the game is won by buying property and charging rent. Then when you have accumulated enough money you invest to put houses on the land which increases the rent and then finally hotels, which magnifies the rents again. With enough tenants paying the higher rates, you accumulate all the money and win.
Well, thanks to a little App called Airbnb™, you can now play this game in real life, effectively turning almost any property into a ‘hotel’ of sorts. And the great thing is, you don’t even have to own the properties to profit.
Sadly, a lot of people are misinformed about Airbnb™ and that’s because there’s basically no real professional education out there how to run it as a profitable business.
You see, whilst most people have heard about Airbnb™ and many have travelled and stayed in Airbnb™ properties, very few are running professional Airbnb™ businesses. I predict that’s about to change for several reasons.
- Negatively-geared property investors are looking for higher yield. With Sydney and Melbourne having run so hard in capital growth in the past 5 years, negatively-geared investors are finding out how much fun (NOT!) it is to hold a money-losing ‘asset’, that’s also not going up in value. As the market softens, many will be unwilling to sell and take a loss, so they’re desperate for ways to increase rent/yields. Enter Airbnb™.
- Sydney house prices are falling. Figures confirm Sydney house prices have started to fall and speaking with a top agent yesterday, she tells me October 2017 was when the market peaked (in southern Sydney anyway). Those that have to sell or want to sell are now panicking and there’s quite a bit of stock coming on the market. She said it’s quite surprising how quickly it can turn from a ‘seller market’ into a ‘buyer market’. When house prices fall and people get stuck, many look for creative ways to make the most of it. Many will turn to Airbnb™ to make cash flow to offset missing the peak.
- Interest Rates could rise. Effectively interest rates have already been rising with banks changing the rates and hurdles borrowers need to clear to qualify. However, if the RBA really moved interest rates up, this would put more pressure on owners and could force them to seek other ways to generate additional money from their property.
- Make Money. Despite what BS inflation stats the government publishes next, people know the cost of living in Australia has and is skyrocketing. Basic food, rent and petrol have risen sharply, and if you want to live on real food, chemical-free safe food, clean water, etc, well it just costs a whole lot more. Once people understand the potential of Airbnb™ and that it can be done professionally, legally and require little or none of your own money, look out.
- Tough business environment – Australia has become a red-tape jungle for businesses wishing to operate here. Bureaucrats, unions and government pen-pushers are choking small businesses to death. It’s far cheaper and easier to run a profitable business in so many other countries, especially Asia, and South America, which welcomes entrepreneurs. A lot have already gone, but many that remain will look for new opportunities in ‘rising-tide’ markets.
- Ignorance – like most things, ignorance means we just don’t know or understand something, and, as a result, we don’t look into it more. Very few understand the enormous potential being realized on Airbnb™ right now and Australia is such a hot market for it. For example, people think strata-titled properties can’t do it, or body-corporates can stop them Airbnb’ing a property. Legally they can’t! And when someone fully explains the many benefits of a property owner/investor to listing their properties on Airbnb™, or letting others do it for them, it’s a pretty compelling offer!
For these and too many other reasons to list here, the timing is perfect. If I was you, I’d take Richard Branson’s advice and look into a business opportunity that’s right on with timing.
Education is always the key, and if you loved Monopoly, you’re going to love this.
FREE Half-Day Airbnb™ & Reno Masterclass **New Seats Released**
"How To Make (A Lot Of!) Money Combining Airbnb™ & Cosmetic Renovations"
... with Australia's Leading Airbnb™ Experts, Aaron & Nicole Byerlee and Australia's Leading Renovation Expert, Naomi Findlay.
Fair warning: Most of the events are booked out, but we’ve held just 30 seats back for each city for readers of this newsletter. So with the events starting next week and most of the events all but booked out, now is your time to act.
>> www.ZadelProperty.com.au <<
You simply can’t afford to miss this timely opportunity about one of the fastest-growing property marketplaces on the planet, and discover:
- How to find properties ideal for Airbnb™ that can give you positive-cashflow to the tune of $10,000 - $30,000 per year (a few of these could quickly replace your income)...
- Insights into the exact steps Aaron and Nicole took to create over $8,000 a month profit within 90 days on Airbnb™...
- Why NOW is the time to be involved with Airbnb™ and why the next few years can set you up, thanks to this little-known boom...
- The 7-steps in Naomi’s winning Rapid Renovation Formula™ with specific and important tips for each...
- ‘Space Medicine Technology’ – this groundbreaking concept is so powerful that renters (and buyers!) will have no idea why they want to pay more...
- ‘Styling Your Property’ – the almost magical way to sell, rent, or Airbnb™ your finished renovation project for the highest price possible...
>> www.ZadelProperty.com.au <<
Enjoy this month’s newsletter and I look forward to seeing you soon.
To Your Success,
PS. You may also want to forward your March newsletter to a friend.
with Stuart Zadel
Opportunities In Property Today
There are a number of ways to make money in property if you know how. Because you see, resourcefulness is more important than resources – and right now the opportunities available to savvy entrepreneurs is just staggering.
with Nicole & Aaron Byerlee
Why Invest In Property?
Leading Airbnb™ Experts Aaron & Nicole run a highly liquid, highly cashflow positive business and they're doing it because of the lifestyle it gives them. And in this short video, they ask the question, why are you investing in property?
with Naomi Findlay
Preparation Is The Key
Ready to start renovating but not sure what you can and can't do to a particular property? Well, the rules shouldn't be as daunting as they might seem, and with a bit of solid prep., you won't be left with a half-finished reno down the track.
with Adam Hudson
Hast Is The Enemy Of Awesome
If you really want to be one of the greats, you need to be patient. Good results take time to achieve and excellence is something that comes with patience. Remember, hast is the enemy of awesome and awesome is the only thing that pays.
with Liz & Matt Raad
How Much Time Does It Take
Website investment experts Liz and Matt discuss how managing websites and managing physical properties are so similar – some require attention once a month and others just once a year, which is how they can successfully leverage their time.
We don't get to SA as often as we used to (and as often as I'd like to!), so this beautiful hand-written card from one of my Adelaide team to say thanks for the opportunity to be on our crew, makes this an extra special message and my Post of the Month for March.
'Start With Why' by Simon Sinek
Why are some people and organisations more inventive, pioneering and successful than others? And why are they able to repeat their success again and again? In business, it doesn't matter what you do, it matters WHY you do it.
This best-selling book analyses leaders like Martin Luther King Jr and Steve Jobs and discovers that they all think in the same way - they all started with why.
Sinek explains the framework needed for businesses to move past knowing what they do to how they do it, and then to ask the more important question – WHY?
Why do we do what we do? Why do we exist? Learning to ask these questions can unlock the secret to inspirational business. Sinek explains what it truly takes to lead and inspire and how anyone can learn how to do it.
1 tbsp tamari
½ lime, juiced
½ lemon, juiced
1 cup raw pecans
1 avocado, sliced
½ tsp ginger, grated
½ tsp garlic, minced
4 large collard leaves
60-85g alfalfa sprouts
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Cut off the white stem at the bottom of collard leaves then wash.
2. Place leaves in a bath of warm water with juice of ½ lemon and let soak for 10 minutes.
3. Dry the leaves off with paper towels and thinly slice down the central root (to make it easier to bend the leaves for wrapping).
4. In a food processor, add pecans, tamari, garlic, ginger and olive oil then pulse until combined and mixture clumps together.
5. Lay out a collard leaf and layer nut mix, red pepper slices, avocado slices, a drizzle of lime juice and alfalfa sprouts. Fold over the top and bottom and then wrap up the sides.
6. Slice in half and serve.
Makes 2 Wraps
Please feel free share on Facebook or Instagram by clicking below.
"This is definitely the place to be!"
Aidin from NSW explains why he's now so much clearer on his 'why' and 'how' to achieve success and secure his financial future.
Click To Watch His Video
"I love the heart and soul of Stuart"
Aldwyn from QLD has been attending my events for many years and shares her thoughts on why she constantly comes back for more!
Click To Watch Her Video
My favourite new healthy fast-food place – Oliver's at Bulahdelah, NSW
Interviewing our Airbnb™ Experts Nicole and Aaron Byerlee on Skype
GM Jasi with hubby Shaun
Buckwheat pancakes from Marie Anita's on the Gold Coast
Marketing Director Dave with wife Sarah enjoying their family holiday in Italy
My first organic vegetarian meal at Oliver's Real Food
False advertising – no mermaids on this beach – Mermaid Beach, QLD
GM Jasi's latest read and my Book of the Month, Start With Why by Simon Sinek
Sydney team member Kim at Success Accelerator
Office team member Hannah signing off for maternity leave
Andrew, Tumai and Jeff at Success Accelerator
Kim, Michelle and Anastasia at Success Accelerator